Casual Activity & Community Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite Quotes

+2
David Ward
Thomas Truong
6 posters

Go down

Favorite Quotes Empty Favorite Quotes

Post  Thomas Truong Fri May 11, 2012 2:16 am

This thread doesn't ask what your "#1 most favoritest" quote is. It just asks you to post some good quotes you come across; be they funny, deep, true, poignant, etc.

Never look down to test the ground before taking your next step; only he who keeps his eye fixed on the far horizon will find the right road.
- Dag Hammarskjold

Thomas Truong
Admin

https://casualcommunity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Favorite Quotes Empty Re: Favorite Quotes

Post  David Ward Fri May 11, 2012 3:24 am

"All I have seen teaches me to trust the creator for all I have not seen."

"All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better."

"A chief event of life is the day in which we have encountered a mind that startled us."

--Ralph Emerson

David Ward

Back to top Go down

Post  David Mitchel Fri May 11, 2012 3:59 am

I'm fond of these two by Aldous Huxley:

"We live together, we act on, and react to, one another; but always and in all circumstances we are by ourselves. The martyrs go hand in hand into the arena; they are crucified alone. Embraced, the lovers desperately try to fuse their insulated ecstasies into a single self-transcendence; in vain. By its very nature every embodied spirit is doomed to suffer and enjoy in solitude. Sensations, feelings, insights, fancies — all these are private and, except through symbols and at second hand, incommunicable. We can pool information about experiences, but never the experiences themselves. From family to nation, every human group is a society of island universes."

"It is a bit embarrassing to have been concerned with the human problem all one's life and find at the end that one has no more to offer by way of advice than 'Try to be a little kinder.'"

David Mitchel

Back to top Go down

Post  Maria Marsala Fri May 11, 2012 12:05 pm

Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forward.

Maria Marsala

Back to top Go down

Post  Just me Tay Fri May 11, 2012 2:07 pm

“Ultimately, man should not ask what the meaning of his life is, but rather must recognize that it is he who is asked. In a word, each man is questioned by life; and he can only answer to life by answering for his own life; to life he can only respond by being responsible.”

Viktor Frankl

Just me Tay

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelika F. Fri May 11, 2012 4:53 pm

"Quiet minds cannot be perplexed or frightened but go on in fortune or misfortune at their own private pace, like a clock during a thunderstorm." -- Robert Louis Stevenson

Angelika F.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum